We are now accepting applications for our 2017 internships!
The House Republican Internship Program is a unique opportunity to participate in state government at the Indiana Statehouse while gaining hands-on experience. This paid program during the spring semester allows interns to immerse themselves in the legislative process by working directly with state representatives.
The internship is open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors, graduate students, and recent graduates of all majors. Interns receive a bi-weekly compensation of $700 and opportunities to earn college credits. This is a full-time position at the Statehouse in Indianapolis for the length of the legislative session, which runs January through April.
Interns will be placed in one of five departments:
- Legislative: Interns will be paired with a full-time legislative assistant as they work directly with an assigned group of state representatives. Some of the responsibilities include: tracking legislation, working with constituents and researching legislative questions or problems.
- Communications: Interns will be paired with a full-time press secretary as they assist with media relations for an assigned group of state representatives. Some of the responsibilities include: writing press releases, audio and video production, social media, arranging interviews with reporters, photography and covering press conferences.
- Technology: Interns will help provide technical support to the caucus for laptops and tablets, and assist with the livestreaming of official house business online.
- Fiscal Policy: Intern will work with the fiscal staff on issues that directly relate to the state’s finances and biennial budget.
- Policy: Intern will work alongside the policy staff in tracking and analyzing legislation.
The House Republican Internship Program is a great opportunity to make valuable contacts while building your resume. To learn more about internship opportunities and the application process, visit indianahouserepublicans.com/internship.